This router presents a cost-effective, function-rich solution to inter-connecting remote Ethernet LANs. With multiple WAN ports supporting analog dial-up, ISDN, high-speed leased lines as well as multiple remote access dial-in, these devices provide unsurpassed flexibility, features and easy expansion for corporate bodies to communicate and share resources.
- 2 Built-in high-speed WAN ports -- The router is equipped with 2 serial WAN ports supporting both async (up to 115.2Kbps speed) and sync (up to T1/E1 speed). DTE interfaces V.35, RS-449 and RS-232 are supported. This allows connection to dial-up phone lines as well as high-speed leased lines, or a combination of both.
- Expansion slot for additional WAN ports -- An open slot allows you to install an optional port module. Modules available for selection include: a 2 serial WAN ports (async/sync) module and a 1 ISDN BRI port module. This permits you to have up to 4 WAN ports for remote connection.
- Fast Ethernet local routing -- You can opt to install a 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet module in the open slot. This module provides an auto-sensing NWay 10/100Mbps port, giving you 2 Fast Ethernet for local routing of packets coming from remote LANs.
- IP/IPX routing and transparent remote bridge -- 2 models are available to meet different environments and requiremments: DI-1 162 remote router supporting IP routing only, and DI-1 162M remote router supporting IP and IPX routing, plus transparent bridging of non-IP, non-IPX packets.
- Cost-saving Internet functions -- The router comes with built-in DHCP server function and network address translator (NAT) for automatic creation and assignment of IP addresses for LAN users. This simplifies users' Internet logon operation in your office, while saving your enterprise the cost of keeping individual ISP accounts and phone lines.
- Dial-on-Demand, Bandwidth-on-Demand -- For dial-up lines using Dial-on-Demand, the router saves the enterprise phone charge by automatically establishing a line connection when there is traffic and hanging it up when there is no traffic. For Bandwidth-on-Demand, with 2 or more WAN ports on dial-up lines, the stand-by ports can automatically dial out to readily provide additional bandwidth when traffic from your office to the WAN becomes heavy .
- Customizable firewall filtering controls access to and from the network. RADIUS provides a solution to centralizing authentication for remote access.
DI-1162M - 2 async/sync serial ports, 1 RJ-45 10BASE-T/ 100BASE-TX LAN port, IP/IPX routing, transparent bridge
DI-1162 - 2 EIA-530 async/sync serial ports, 1 RJ-45 10BASE-T/ 100BASE-TX LAN port, IP routing