The D-Link DIR-685 Xtreme N™ Storage Router meshes style with technology to offer a simple yet sleek design, ideal for deploying in the home. This all-inone desktop device combines the functions of an wireless Internet router, network storage device, digital photo frame and print server for the ultimate user experience. Using a wide range of latest technologies, it provides an attractive alternative to installing multiple home devices to bring users flexibility, simplified setup and energy savings.
FAST WIRELESS CONNECTION
The DIR-685’s embedded draft 802.11n WLAN interface delivers superior wireless speed and range, far better than 802.11g, while remaining backward compatible with 802.11g devices. Hidden inside this router are multiple powerful MIMO antennas especially designed for larger homes and users running bandwidth intensive applications. The DIR-685 also comes with a 4-port 10/100/1000 Gigabit switch to connect multiple wired devices such as computers, media players and game consoles for fast file transfer and lag-free online gaming. UP TO 500GB OF STORAGE FOR PHOTOS & STREAMING MUSIC/VIDEO A compact 2.5” hard drive with up to 500GB disk space can be placed inside this router to act as network storage. Without any cumbersome cables or protruding antennas, you can wirelessly share this disk space among family members, stream stored music and video to media players attached to stereo systems or TV, and provide remote access to your personal documents from the Internet.
DISPLAY PHOTOS & VIEW INTERNET CONTENT
Place this router on your desk and display your favorite photos on its large, high-resolution color screen. Select functions and navigate to monitor router/hard drive status or view time/date, using the front-panel buttons. Preset Internet channels display weather forecasts, news or sport events. 1
SHARE MULTIFUNCTION PRINTERS & 3G MOBILE INTERNET CONNECTION
Through the SharePort™ Network USB Utility, you can connect multifunction printers to the USB ports to share printing and scanning functions among family members. The USB ports also support D-Link 3G adapter connection, so you can bring your router along when you travel and connect it to a 3G mobile service to provide Internet access to a group. 2
• IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0)
• IEEE 802.11g
• IEEE 802.11b
• IEEE 802.3
• IEEE 802.3u
• IEEE 802.3ab
• USB 2.0
• 4 Gigabit LAN
• 1 Gigabit Internet/WA N
• 2 USB 2.0
• Built-in 802.11n (draft) wireless LAN
WIRELESS LAN DATA RATES
• Up to 300Mbps¹
WIRELESS LAN SECURITY
• WPA and WPA 2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access)
WIRELESS LAN ANTENNAS
• Network Address Translation (NAT)
• Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
• VPN Pass-through/Multi-sessions/PPTP/L2TP/IPSec
• WMM (for WLAN traffic)
• QoS Engine for prioritizing traffic
SharePorT™ FUNCTION SUPPORT
• A llows connection of external hard drives, flash memory and multifunction printers to USB ports
• A llows sharing of hard drives, printing and scanning functions 9
• 3.2” true color TFT LCD
• Navigation buttons
HARD DRIVE SUPPORT
• A ccepts a SATA 2.5-inch internal hard drive, 9.5mm maximum height2
• UPnP support
• DDNS support
• Integrated Wireless Security Wizard and Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) support
• Windows Connect Now (WCN) support
• Web-based management using Internet Explorer® v6 or later; Mozilla Firefox® v2.0 or later; or other Javaenabled browsers
• A utomatic firmware update notification
• E mail notification for triggered events
• UPnP™ AV Server for streaming media to compatible media players 4
• Built-in FTP server for file access from over the Internet 5
• Scheduled downloads
• LCD and hard drive power management for conserving energy and extending hardware life
• Storage permissions for users
• Multi-language file name support
• Quick Router Setup Utility 6
• SharePort™ Network USB Utility 6
• Desktop placement
• FCC Class B
• C -Tick
• Wi-Fi Certified b/g/n (draft)
• Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
• Works with Windows Vista
• RoHS compliant
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
• For optimal wireless performance: Computers and network devices with D-Link Xtreme N or other 802.11n (draft) interfaces to connect to the DIR-685
1 Use Framechannel™ to display weather forecasts, news and sport events.
2 C urrently only the D-Link DWM-152 and DWM-156 3G adapters are supported.
3 No hard drive is included with this device. Current 2.5” SATA hard drives supports up to 500GB. Capacity can go up pending future technology. This device may not work with older generation SATA drives. For a list of SATA drives that have been tested to work with this device, visit your D-Link support web sites.
4 D-Link does not guarantee full compatibility or proper playback with all Codecs. Playback capability depends on the codec support of the UPnP AV media player.
5 Use of an FTP Server to access files over the Internet does not provide for secure or encrypted transmissions.
6 The software included with this product is not Mac-compatible.
7 C omputer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended system requirements.
8 A ctual data throughput may vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, can lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. This product is based on IEEE draft 2.0 802.11n specifications and is not guaranteed to be forward compatible with future versions of IEEE 802.11n specifications. Compatibility with draft 802.11n devices from other manufacturers is not guaranteed.
9 Hard drives and multifunction equipment can only be accessed by a single user at a time.
DIR-685 XTREME N™ STORAGE ROUTER