D-Link is pleased to introduce the D-Link SECURICAM Network DCS-950G Wireless Internet Camera, a full-featured surveillance system that connects to a broadband Ethernet or wireless network to provide remote high-quality audio and video. Using 802.11g wireless technology, the DCS-950G transfers video and audio wirelessly at up to 54Mbps*.
You can access and control the DCS-950G Wireless Internet Camera using Internet Explorer version 6. As you watch and listen remotely to video and sound obtained by the DCS-950G, you can take snapshots or record directly from the Web browser to a local hard drive without installing any software, making it convenient to instantly capture any moment no matter where you are.
For more recording flexibility, you can configure the DCS-950G to record to network-attached storage (NAS), eliminating the need to set up a dedicated computer for storing recorded video.
With 0.5 lux light sensitivity, the DCS-950G Wireless Internet Camera is capable of capturing video in rooms with minimal lighting, making it ideal for use at night time.
The DCS-950G Wireless Internet Camera adheres to the Universal Plug & Play (UPnP? specification which allows computers running Windows/XP/Me to recognize the DCS-950G and automatically add it to the network. The DCS-950G can be accessed and viewed from any Network Places as a device on the network.
Securely connect the DCS-950G to a wireless network using WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access), providing you a much higher level of security than has previously been available for Internet cameras. The DCS-950G also features a Site Survey tool, allowing users to easily find wireless networks within the range of the camera.
By signing up with one of the many free Dynamic DNS services available on the Web, you can assign an easy-to-remember name and domain to the camera (e.g. www.mycamera.myddns.com). This allows you to remotely access your camera without having to remember the IP address, even if it has been changed by your Internet Service Provider.
Everything needed to get started is included with the DCS-950G. Simple installation procedures, along with the built-in Web-based interface offer easy integration into your network environment. Powerful surveillance software is included to enhance the monitoring and management of the DCS-950G, allowing you to archive video straight to the hard drive, playback video, monitor up to four cameras on a single screen, and set up motion detection to trigger video/audio recording and send e-mail alerts. The DCS-950G is a cost-effective and versatile security solution for your home or business.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range.
** Light sensitivity of 0.5 lux.
Hardware & System
O. S. Support
Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP
Internet Explorer v.6 & Above, Nescape Navigator v.7
- Ethernet: 10/100BASE-TX Port
- Wireless LAN
- Standard: 802.11g
- Data Rates: Up to 54Mbps
- Antennas: 2dBi Gain Detachable Diversity Antenna (RP-SMA Connector)
- Transmitter Output Power: 15 dBm +/- 2 dB
- Communication Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, FTP, Telent, NTP, DNS, DHCP, ARP, ICMP, BOOTP
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)
- Dynamic DNS Services (DDNS)
- Time Synchronisation With NTP Server
- Text, Date & Time Overlay
- Playback Schemes: Date, Time Interval, Event Triggering
- View Snapshots
- Save Snapshots
- Motion Detection Alarm
- Email Notification
Management & Firmware Updates
- Management Site: Local & Remote
- Using Web Browser
- Using FTP Application
- Max. Cameras on Single Screen*: 16
- Reset Button
- Max. Users Accessing Camera Simultaneously: 10
- Lens (Focal Length, Aperture): 6.0mm, f1.8
- Sensor Resolution: 640 x 480
- Image Sensor: 1/4-imch Color CMOS Sensor, Progressive Scan Mode
- Lens Type: Fixed Lens
- Illumination: Min. 2.5 lux
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC): 24dB
- Automatic White Balance (AWB)
- Automatic Exposure (AE)
- Back Light Compensation (BLC)
- Electronic Shutter
- Shutter Speed: 1/60 to 1/150000 secretary
- Color Selection: Color
- Image Frame Rate: Up to 30fps
- Image Compression: MJPEG
- Compression Ratios: 5 Levels
- Resolution: 160 x 120 @ 30fps, 320 x 240 @ 25fps, 640 x 480 @ 10fps
- Viewing System Required Protocol: ActiveX & Java
- Scheduled Recording
- Brightness Control
- Contrast Control
- Built-in Microphone
- Sampling Rate: 8Kbps
- Audio Recording
1. Specifications applied to DCS-900 hardware version B1 only.
2. Up to 4 cameras using IPView SE surveillance/management software, up to 16 cameras using D-ViewCam surveillance/management software.
- 5VDC, 2.5A
- Through External Power Adapter
- 66mm (diameter) x 73mm (height) (camera only)
- 66mm (diameter) x 135mm (height) (including camera stand)
0 to 50 C
-25 to 60 C
Max. 95% RH, non-condensing
- FCC Class B
DCS-950G Securicam Network 802.11g Wireless Internet Camera