This media converter combines transmit and receive signals onto one fiber strand using two wavelengths. This design avoids the budget losses incurred by the single-wavelength single-fiber technology, and minimizes the possibility of reflections in the system. The units on both ends of a link are different. One module uses one wavelength to transmit and a second wavelength to receive, while the other module flips that relationship. For this reason these units are used in pairs.
A pair of one-channel single fiber is used for media conversion between 10/100BASE-TX and 100BASE-FX.
Two differ ent transmitting wavelengths, one wavelength with bi-directional for both transmit and receive.
- DMC-920R: This media converter provides 1310 micron for TX, 1550 micron for RX.
- DMC-920T: This media converter provides 1550 micron for TX, 1310 micron for RX.
Fiber cable support is 9/125um, 10/125um single-mode fiber , maximum 20 km cable distance.
Number of Ports
• 1 x 1000BASE-T RJ-45 port
• 1 x 1000BASE-LX bidirectional SC port
• IEEE 802.3ab for 1000BASE-TX
• IEEE 802.3z for 1000BASE-LX
Data Transfer Rate
• 2000 Mbps (full-duplex)
• 1000BASE-T: 4-pair Cat. 5, Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) (up to 100 m)
• 1000BASE-LX: Single-mode fiber optic cable with SC connector (up to 10 km)
Media Exchange Interface
• Full wire-speed forwarding rate
• Through the DMC-1000 chassis with the DMC-1002 management module installed
• LLR (enable/disable)
• Fiber mode
• 5 V/1 A external power adapter
• Operating: 0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)
• Storage: -10 °C to 70 °C (13 °F to 158 °F)
• 10% to 90% RH, non-condensing
• 120 x 88 x 25 mm (4.72 x 3.46 x 0.98 in)
• 300 g (0.66 lbs)
• TX: 1310 nm
• RX: 1550 nm
Supported Fiber Cable Length
• Up to 10 km
Emission Certifications (EMI)
• FCC Class A
• VCCI Class A
• CE Class A
DMC-920R 10/100BASE-TX Twisted Pair to 100BASE-FX Single-mode fiber (20 km, SC) Media Converter Module